About Me :)

Hey guys you probably came to this blog because you have ADHD or wanted to know more about it. Im a 15 year old girl with ADHD and im new to this whole blogging thing. I love writing poetry and helping people through any troubles they have. Any topic you'd like me to write about, or any questions you'd like me to answer, comment them down below. Its completely anonymous. If you'd like me to write more poetry comment below as well. Thanks!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I Hate Weekends

At school kids are constantly hanging out and going to parties on the weekend, complaining about how their life is so hard because they have to choose between who to hang out with or which party to go to since they were invited to two. I'm alone all weekend every weekend. I hardly get invited to anything, I don't handle being alone very well either. I get really lonely and sad. I start to think that I'm not good enough and that nobody wants to hang out with me. I make myself really depressed. And then I spend the whole week getting out of the depression and then the weekend comes and it starts all over.

Does anyone else feel this way? If so how do you cope.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're feeling depressed. You are not alone.

    But, if you're feeling better throughout the week, maybe you could try to schedule something, invite friends to do... something... and not have wait and hope for others to invite you.

    And... uh, do you *want* to hang out with those people who complain about choosing which party to go to? Are they going to be into the same things? I don't know, maybe. But it was never like that for me. Of course, I didn't want to hang out with them. I was actually happier to get away from all those people for a couple days. What a relief.

    Another alternative for weekends: You don't have to invite anyone. Just get yourself outside, go somewhere nice, take a walk. Sometimes, it's the not-doing-anything of being alone that is depressing. (And then being depressed makes not want to do anything.) But if you get out and just do something for yourself, chances are you'll feel better. At least, it works for me.

    And it can work in two ways: Doing some enjoyable, pleasant thing can make you feel better, of course. But the other half is that as you find that you can have your own fun, on your own terms, you begin to see that you're not dependent on those other people for affirmation or happiness. It's within you.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How old are your kids that they are going to parties every weekend? What are they doing at the parties?

    I live with two women and a 4 year old girl- all full blown ADHD, including myself (I'm a guy).

    In my case personally, as much as I love them all, I wish they would go out for the weekend so I can get some peace and quiet :)

    You could always let your kids have carefully selected friends come visit your house on the weekend.

    Maybe get a dog or cat?

    Join a sports club or social group.

    Or spend the weekend updating your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's only 15. Not too likely that she has even one kid. The "kids" she is talking about are her schoolmates.

      Delete
  3. My daughter is going to reach your stage soon. We have enrolled her in classes which she likes - singing, art, gymnastics. This pretty much takes care of her weekends. We do give her time to invite a friend or two to hang out with if she has completed all her schoolwork.

    I agree with the Oct 4th comment - You can do things for yourself which you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Activities are a great way to socialize. Keep in mind that you will likely find neurotypical thinkers (NT's) pointless chatter and gossip very boring. That is normal. With ADHD you will likely connect will with another ADHD' er. Yes, they are hard to find but hang in there. It does get better. Good quote to keep in mind "There are 3 kinds of people, those who talk about people, those who talk about things, & those who talk about ideas".

    ReplyDelete